Monday, October 27, 2008

Whitey

I'm preparing the guest room to be painted. I've been laboring over this project for over a month;  dragging my feet because I don't want to go it alone. Steve will help rip out the baseboard, and a couple of other things, but I'm essentially flying solo. Steve flipped the switch on the electricity in this room, so I can't even listen to the radio. Very boring.

I finally scraped the popcorn off the ceiling last week. I spent this morning sanding the rough spots. Even though I wear a respirator, the powder from sanding is so fine that I inhale some of it anyway. I've been coughing uncontrollably all day. I'll be like this for about two days. There are still a few spots on the ceiling to refine, but it is 90% ready.

After I wrap things up with the ceiling, I'll be able to wipe the walls and prime, then paint. I'm painting the walls white. 

Finishing this room is important to me because two other rooms in the house depend on its completion. Once the new carpet is put down, we're moving the bed that's in the front room to this room. Then, we're emptying the breakfront into under bed storage, and putting those things under the bed in this room. After that, we're pitching the breakfront and putting up three kitty condos in the space currently occupied by the breakfront. Finally, I'm getting a new chair for the front room and that space will return to being used as an office.

Hoorah! I get my office back!

At the end of it all, what day would be complete without a little laundry?

And, that's my Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sick. Those are folded way too neatly! Okay, I'm just jealous. When I worked at JC Penney, the old ladies wanted to kill me because I couldn't fold their darn towels nicely. I think there is a gene related to that.