Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend wrap up

We visited another farmer's market last Saturday. This time, in Sanford. It is a wee little market, with only a few vendors, but it is a REAL farmer's market. Everything is actually LOCAL! Finally! We bought eggs, tomatoes and a couple of cucumbers. Next time, we're going to buy a loaf of bread and maybe some cheese.



My lemon tree is loaded. Last year, I gave a couple of bags to Steve's mom, but there were so many, I couldn't use them all. I refuse to let these beautiful lemons go to waste this year. I am lucky enough to live where citrus grows, and even luckier to have a lemon tree in my yard. I am going to honor this tree by using all of the lemons.

Last night, I made lemon bars. Steve and I ate a couple; the rest, I packed and sent to Steve's office with him this morning. Last Friday, I baked chocolate chunk cookies. Because I couldn't find the semisweet chocolate I like, based on a recommendation, I used bittersweet chocolate. Steve told me that everyone at his office was complimentary, but I prefer semisweet.

This is my cat, Hilda. It's a miracle this picture turned out; she is the squirmiest thing ever! She kept sniffing the lens and batting at the lanyard. As soon as I took this picture, she took another swat at the lanyard. 

No comments: